OUR TEAM EXPERIENCE
Jim Verdonik is a Founder of Innovate Capital Law
You can reach me at:
Innovate Capital Law helps entrepreneurs and investors in capital-raising transactions using a tool box of new technology, new business practices and new legal strategies. We create customized short and long term capital raising plans that blend the best of the old with the best of the new to raising growth capital while minimizing dilution to both management teams and existing investors.
Our capital raising tools include:
Most of my clients have been in information technology, bio-medical and energy related industries and the Venture Capital and other investment funds that invest in these industries.
My experience includes advising, structuring, negotiating, disclosing and documenting projects and transactions that exceed several billion dollars in aggregate value, including:
• Dozens of public offerings.
• Dozens of venture capital, private equity, angel and other investments.
• Crowdfunding offerings and advice to Crowdfunding Platforms.
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Multiple PIPES transactions for small public companies ranging from $1 million to $10 Million.
• Multiple public shell mergers and SPAC transactions.
• License transactions with over $1 billion in royalty and milestone payments.
• Proxy statements, Annual Reports on Form 10-K and other disclosure documents filed with the SEC for more than two dozen public companies.
• Advising Boards of Directors and Special Committees about fiduciary duties in major transactions, including M & A transactions, conflicts of interest and bankruptcy.
Using this experience to assist clients to achieve their goals is the standard by which I measure myself. I can send you some detailed case studies of how I have assisted clients achieve their goals in challenging situations that go beyond transaction lists.
I also helped my partner, Benji Jones, write and gain passage of North Carolina’s intrastate crowdfunding exemption (NC PACES). Benji and Jim are building a state-wide on-line capital raising ecosystem
I have written multiple books about finance and growing technology businesses, including:
Crowdfunding: A Legal Guide to Investment and Platform Regulation (Thomson Reuters)
Crowdfunding Opportunities and Challenges (Lulu) https://www.amazon.com/Crowdfunding-Opportunities-Challenges-Jim-Verdonik/dp/1483442802
Both books analyze through the prism of Crowdfunding business practices and technology the impact of the JOBS Act on the venture capital industry and traditional securities laws, including the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Conducted a series of Crowdfunding webinars for Thompson Reuters, which calls itself the “Answer Company.” Jim and Benji are Thomson Reuter’s answer people for Crowdfunding issues.
- Write a nationally distributed newspaper column about business, technology and legal issues for the American Business Journals www.bizjournals.com that reaches more than four million readers through local business publications in more than forty cities across the U. S.
- Blog called Entrepreneur Intersection http://jimverdonikintersection.blogspot.com/2013/03/technology-law-wild-fun-ride.html
- YouTube Channel (Listen to story about how Mom taught how to negotiate): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEyL-gjb9p8yqMcjg4lsrt8r69XYcSU7
- Regularly speak and write on Fintech, Blockchain/COINS, Crowdfunding, the JOBS Act, and related matters at continuing legal education courses and business and economic development groups.